Our client, a leading diversified industrial manufacturer of high precision metal and plastic components, is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join their team in Wellington, Ohio.
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Automotive Prototype Department and assumes leadership responsibility to plan, monitor, and execute customer programs with a technical emphasis. This role is essential to the early stages of new business from quoting support through prototype, pre-launch and finally early product launch. Effective Program Management is a major factor to ensure success for New Business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all phases of the organizations prototype, advanced, and pre-production engineering programs to include:
• Early interface with customer to assist Sales in procuring prototype order.
• Technical cost estimating for in-house and outside prototype processes.
• Project Planning and monitoring for prototype programs to ensure agreed timing objectives. Responsible for process design and development for prototype production following the strategy of QOP-73-02 Product Realization.
• Directs or performs Tool/gage and process design for prototype production.
- Supervise direct reports such as CNC technicians and indirect reports such as Quality associates or production employees as they manufacture and prepare prototypes.
- Directly (hands-on) involved in process development, debugging and production as needed to ensure technical and timing objectives are met. May follow the process into production for technical support until planned OEE and scrap levels are achieved.
- Responsible for all in-house and customer prototype APQP documentation, examples of which are process prints, control plans, dimensional layouts, metallurgical certifications, etc.
- The Technical Program Manager is the Customer’s primary contact for engineering, logistics and Quality issues.
- Once a prototype program transitions into a production contract, the Technical Program Manager participates extensively in the project planning and advanced development of the production process and may lead portions of that effort such as tooling and gage design.
- As needed, the Technical Program Manager may take on other production projects to advance company’s objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or relevant Technical discipline (engineering).
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in manufacturing, engineering and quality systems.
- Broad experience with manufacturing methods for precision parts.
- Extensive CNC programming experience with multiple controls.
- Demonstrated machining proficiency with toolroom equipment and production machinery such as turning, grinding, and milling.
- The ability to understand and assimilate complex Customer requirements such as Drawings, specifications, and Product Performance outputs into company’s manufacturing processes.
- Computer proficiency with CAD (Autocad and Solidworks preferred) and Office.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
Interested in learning more? Apply now!