Pharmacy Tech II PRN
Location Address: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- PRN (as needed) 10 hour shifts. Variable but mostly evenings and weekends.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
- Maintains operational expertise and competency in, and actively provides coverage of at least two technician services provided by:
- Central/Distributive operations
- Sterile compounding
- Decentral/medication delivery operations
- Controlled substances handling
- Oversees appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Maintains expertise in Cerner processed and accurately interprets electronic records.
- Manages pyxis inventory and maintains proficiency to trouble shoot cabinet issues
- Accurately completes medication inventories and accurately prepares and dispenses patient‐specific medication doses. Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
- Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a hazardous medication spill.
What You Will Need:
- Must be registered with the State of Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician
- One (1+) year of Contemporary hospital pharmacy experience, retail or ambulatory experience acceptable (Preferred)
- Associates degree or technical degree in a related field or specific certification related to the position, preferably in a physical science, business or healthcare (Preferred)
- Practice experience in an integrated health care system of 3 or more hospitals in the system (Preferred)
- Current certification from Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or from the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) (Preferred)
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazardous Materials
- Health Care