To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Quality Control Lab Technician - Microbiology
KIK Custom Products • Elkhart, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
KIK Personal Care Division contract manufacturing network consists of 8 locations throughout North America. KIK Indiana. located in Elkhart is our largest campus and collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. KIK's Elkhart facility procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods.
Responsible for performing duties that support the testing of raw materials and finished products in the microbiology laboratories at KIK Custom Products, Elkhart, Indiana. Support includes, but not limited to sampling water systems according to established procedures, continually maintain stocks of media and supplies based on business needs, maintaining laboratory equipment in working order, and helping to keep the laboratory in a highly functional and orderly state. The technician shall have proactive and interactive roles with internal stakeholders of lab functionality (microbiologists and the laboratory supervisor). The technician will also proactively interface with external stakeholders that affect the goals and functionality of the laboratory (departments such as Warehouse, Production and Quality Assurance).
Essential Job Functions
- Sample water according to established procedures in all water systems
- Serve as an alternate to surface and air environmental microbiological testing
- Work in conjunction with supervision and water system technician to report faults in water systems
- Set up water tests according to established procedure
- Compile completed water result forms after scoring by microbiologists
- Maintain supply of forms used in the microbiology laboratory
- Order supplies necessary for microbiology procedures
- Communicate with internal and external supply personnel
- Maintain log of incoming supplies
- Maintain internal and external media certificates of analysis
- Maintain efficient systems of media and supplies procurement within the laboratory
- Initiate QC testing analysis on incoming media to maintain readiness for use
- Perform QC testing on media to procedural requirements
- Maintain bacterial stocks, as needed
- Maintain clean glassware supplies
- Record temperatures of temperature enclosures
- Create and assemble laboratory record books
- Organize microbiology test method books
- Communicate with KIK internal departments to accomplish laboratory goals
- Gauge Lab: Lab equipment maintenance and calibration
- Warehouse: Shipping and parcel tracking of inbound and outbound packages
- Others as determined by Microbiology Laboratory Manager
- Provide technical assistance for environmental, raw material, and finished product specimen reception.
- Data entry on reports to internal customers (e.g. Validation Department) documents as directed by supervision
- Complete applicable cGMP SOP training according to job classification
- Complete training, to the Read and Understand level, of Microbiology Lab Test Methods to be familiar media, reagents, and supplies required
- Be attentive to the goals of corporate personnel policies of integrity, safety, efficiency, quality, and respect for the needs of the
- Associate’s degree in area of discipline or equivalent education
- At least 1-2 years relevant experience in a related area
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.