To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, KY 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trade Compliance Coordinator
MEGGITT • Covington, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Trade Compliance Coordinator provides a range of administrative support to export and import activities in reaching the business objectives. Assists the team with general compliance regulations and implementing trade compliance procedures within the business unit.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Acts as a point of contact, providing assistance with Trade Compliance activities
- Tracks, audits and maintains records of import and export shipping documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Reviews import and export documentation for correct values, commodity classifications, tariff codes and authorizations
- Assists with gathering information necessary for licensing determinations; supports the generation of license applications
- Interfaces with freight forwarders, brokers and other trade compliance-related third-party service providers
- Gathers information to ensure the proper jurisdiction, determination and classification of products
- Assists with internal or external audits and assessments as directed by the Trade Compliance Officer
- Participates in the creation of reports or records concerning potential or verified matters of non-compliance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: Minimum 2 years or more of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience of import/export Trade Compliance procedures and regulations and ability to coordinate activities for a team
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Ability to recognize and solve typical problems and select solutions from established options
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; especially with MS Excel
- Experienced in Commodity Classification and Entry Writting a Plus
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.