We have been awarded an exciting task, Cloud based development using modern Java open-source technologies, and are seeking a Junior Java Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA.
We are an established team of 90+ who are working with Custom Border Protection (CBP) at Cargo Systems Program Directorate (CSPD) help them accomplish the vision of a streamlined, paperless, single window electronic filing using Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) systems.
GDIT leverages agile methodology and a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to manage multiple agile development teams in parallel with DevOps Team in a highly complex environment focusing intensely on continuous value delivery.
- Develops applications on the AWS development platform. The architecture includes Docker based containerization and AWS deployment pipeline.
- Designs, develops documents, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. - Ensures software standards are met.
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable, extensible and user-focused enterprise systems using Java, JEE with open-source frameworks.
- Knowledge in SOAP, RESTful webservices and JSON.
- Experience using spring framework (MVC, Boot, Data, JMS, and Integration) for application development.
- Knowledge in ORM tools (Hibernate, Mybatis).
- Ability writing SQL using Oracle, PostgreSQL and/or DB2 database.
- Knowledge in Angular or React frameworks.
- Exposure to DevOps environment with technologies such as Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo and/or Jenkins for the AWS pipeline.
- Exposure to Docker; should have good understanding of containerized Microservices.
- Exposure to tracking utilities such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
- Should have ability to accomplish work independently and through collaboration with cross-team.
- AWS Cloud knowledge is a huge plus.
- Knowledge using WebLogic, Tomcat, Node JS and Netty.
- Knowledge in Spring Batch, Spring Cloud.
- Knowledge in Microservices and server-less framework.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to maintain Customs and Border Protection Public Trust Suitability (program will sponsor)
BS or equivalent +3 yrs. related experience, or MS + 1 yr. related experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Web Services
Model View Controller
Java Enterprise Edition