Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Technical Lab Specialist will coordinate, implement and support day to day activities needed to effectively execute clinical laboratory program, special project and research initiatives. Provides a variety of high-level project management support for the Manager, Laboratory Services and Enterprise Clinical Operations to ensure operational processes and program requirements are met. This position may assist and proactively work across the organization to support project goals while ensuring operational success of laboratory program initiatives. This role offers assistance with regulatory, evidence based and technical knowledge to support laboratory compliance for day to day activities, health and safety requirements, laboratory accreditation standards, state/federal regulations, audits and surveys.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide input into The Joint Commission (TJC) Waived Testing chapter management
- Provide operational instruction and guidance with CLIA application and renewal process for WellMed owned clinics and partner with acquisitions and integrations teams to align practices
- Ensure CLIA information is tracked, accurate and submitted in a timely manner to meet the clinics' needs
- Monitor and assist with management of standard laboratory test menus for waived, moderately complex and Provider Performed Microscopy labs
- Coordinate and co-facilitate laboratory workgroup to establish recommendations for new and existing laboratory equipment, POC testing and day to day practices
- Communicate key laboratory metrics between clinic leadership and corporate environment to ensure clear communication and support related to clinical laboratory practices
- Ensure up to date relevant laboratory information and tools are on the enterprise intranet site
- Participates in relations with vendors
- Monitor contract agreements for laboratory equipment and supply related items
- Collaborate with applicable entities to create standard lab documentation processes
- Monitor quality control, collecting and reviewing data through RelayMed and other laboratory information systems. Partner with clinic leadership and lab staff on oversight of laboratory quality assurance programs
- Provide input on recommendations and periodically review Laboratory related Policy and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Collaborate with clinic leadership and Education and Training team to create and deliver laboratory related training
- Monitor on-going department implementation and/or decommissioning of laboratory equipment and supply efforts to identify challenges, risks, and defects
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications and presentations for leadership and/or end users. Assists with drafting departmental protocols, procedures, and guidance documentation
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science or Medical Laboratory Science or other related field
- 2+ years working in a clinical laboratory
- Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Proficient with computer programs to complete job duties independently
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Master’s Degree in laboratory management or health science or laboratory science or other related field
- Certified or Registered Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Technician
- Project Management skills/experience
- Familiar with TJC standards for Waived Testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.