One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Rockford Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Human Resources Generalist.
Rockford Center is Delaware’s first private psychiatric facility and remains a leader in providing behavioral health care services and continues its commitment to providing quality health care. Rockford Center, a 138-bed acute psychiatric hospital continues to provide a full continuum of behavioral health services to geriatrics, adults, adolescents, and children.
The Human Resources Generalist will ensure the clerical function of Human Resources remains confidential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist HRD with recruitment activities.
- Provide support to HRD with staffing and personnel problems.
- Provide managers with advice on employee issues.
- Maintain e-learning system by creating and editing educational courses as necessary.
- Administer FMLA and LOA programs with guidance from HRD.
- Maintain data entry in employee electronic logs and tracking files for orientation, training, and annual mandatory competencies.
- Maintain filing system including personnel files, medical files, Worker’s Compensation files, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of General Hospital Orientation, Handle with Care training for employees as well as on-going staff development.
- Assist in the administration of the employee benefit plans.
- Assist employees with general Human Resources needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relatable degree
- 3-5 years of experience with a focus in Recruitment
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to successfully multi task in a fast pace environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Highly effective listening skills
This opportunity provides the following:
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
401k plan with company match
Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.