The WESTIN RANCHO MIRAGE is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Professional / Events Coordinator. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Golf Professional / Events Coordinator:
- Coordinates each tournament or event from the initial planning stages until the completion of the event.
- Advises the Director of Golf, General Manager, Head Golf Professional, and Superintendent of future events in order to facilitate proper coordination of special set-up requirements and staffing levels. Generates monthly calendar of events for management review.
- Develops and maintains contacts (new groups, previous groups, local businesses, civic organizations, and charity groups) to promote tournament venues.
- Schedules and maintains tee times for members, groups and individual play.
- Maintains accurate records for all groups and tournaments.
- Coordinates inter-departmental support for all tournaments (i.e. golf services, golf shop, food and beverage, etc).
- Works with customers to promote events, sell logo merchandise, and coordinate other golf services.
- Prepares and distributes information pertaining to tournaments, critical dates and course closures to members, groups, and individuals.
- Assists with the registration of golfers for tournaments.
- Administers tournaments in conjunction with facility tournament manual.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Professional / Events Coordinator:
- Members of the PGA or CMAA or preferred, but not mandatory.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.