Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. The Chassis Design Engineering team plays a critical part in that mission, helping to deliver a safe, efficient, comfortable, and enjoyable driving experience, while also focusing on the sustainability and value of Tesla's products.
The Chassis Design Engineering team is comprised of engineers from many backgrounds and experience levels. You'll work alongside experts with many years of experience, high aptitude recent graduates, and people from every stage in between. Collaboration, learning, and growth are core to the team's success. We look for anyone with demonstrated exceptional ability to solve problems in both individual and team settings.
The team works in small, dedicated groups to manage tires, wheels, hubs, halfshafts, steering, suspension, subframes, brakes, pedals/controls, and air suspension and damping systems on all of Tesla's passenger car and heavy vehicle programs. A Mechanical Design Engineer on the team is responsible for bringing parts or systems from concept to production and beyond with support from other engineering teams at Tesla.
The engineer's responsibilities include design, analysis, sourcing, prototyping, testing, vehicle assembly validation, quality control, engineering documentation, and more. There will be opportunities to learn and improve these skills through experience on the team. The engineer should be able to readily apply mechanical engineering fundamentals to creatively solve problems and learn quickly while managing their projects independently. We are looking for someone who will go beyond the status quo to make the best product in terms of cost, mass, and performance. The engineer should be able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues. Hands-on experience is a major plus for engineering development work and addressing production issues. Experience with electromechanical systems is a plus. Some travel to suppliers may be required, including international travel.
The engineer will work with Tesla teams and component suppliers in order to:
* Develop and optimize designs in 3D CAD software with associated CAE tools
* Validate manufacturing, assembly, and service feasibility
* Complete and release component designs and documentation, including 2D drawings
* Validate components per defined engineering requirements
* Resolve issues and concerns with cross-functional teams including engineering, firmware, supply chain, production, and service
* Participate in the sourcing process and manage engineering relationships with suppliers
* Deliver to defined schedules
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Proficiency in a 3D CAD software (CATIA is a plus)
* Basic knowledge of GD&T (proficiency is a plus)
* Experience with component design, analysis, and validation
* Great technical and interpersonal communication
* Evidence of being a self-starter and bringing projects to completion
* Prior experience in a relevant engineering field is valued, but the team has openings from entry level to expert
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Design Engineer, Chassis
for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
- 3d Model