To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Germantown, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Technical Security Specialist
Olgoonik • Germantown, MD
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Senior Technical Security Specialist will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) providing support and education to personnel on matters of technical security policy, procedures, and regulations in Germantown, MD.
- Conduct Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM), WiSec, PDS and TEMPEST services, inspections, in-conference security monitoring services, preconstruction support to include other services as directed by the Department of Energy (DOE), in accordance with DOE and National Policies, Procedures and applicable laws.
- Provide technical security services to ensure the security of DOE information.
- Develop and present technical security related training to personnel in a formal classroom and in a field setting.
- Provide technical security support services as directed by DOE for a comprehensive technical standards program (TSP) designed to protect facilities, employees and assets.
- Assist in developing and reviewing technical security designs for the agency's facilities.
- Provide input/review of proposed policies.
- Apply technical procedures in conducting needs surveys for preventing unauthorized access to, and possible disclosure of, classified and sensitive information.
- Effectively work in a team environment, as a team lead or team member.
- Provide clear and concise reports for each service conducted to identify cost effective strategies and effective security protection measures in accordance with DOE and National Policy and Protection Strategies.
- Provide support services on national and international developments in commercial, state-of-the-art, security technology through briefings and educational materials.
- Will be required to act as back-up to the Project Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in an information technology, electronics, business, security or a related discipline is desired.
- Technical Security and Counterintelligence (CI) programs are required, to include, but not limited to, Federal TSCM, TEMPEST and/ CI certifications).
- Graduation/Certification from a National Level Federal TSCM School is required.
- The candidate must have previous federal government training and current (within the last year) operational experience in/with a National Level TSCM/TS program.
- A combination of training and current operational experience of at least 15 years is required.
- At least one year of management/supervisory responsibility required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicable knowledge, effective employment and utilizing state-of-the-art technical equipment, in support of the DOE TSP.
- The candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of specialized equipment operations to include effective countermeasures employment.
- The candidate must have the ability to effectively relate technical requirements/issues to non-technical personnel.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively to large or small groups on technical and non-technical issues related to the TSP.
- Knowledge of, but not limited to, various types of communication and internet technology (IT) systems, physical security devices and methods, intelligence and counterintelligence methods, physical security, operational security, methods of radio frequency modulations coupled with a comprehensive appreciation of practices and techniques employed in espionage are essential position elements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Will be required to maintain/acquire certifications as mission necessities.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE/National certification within the time limitations depicted in DOE policy.
- Responsible for maintaining DOE/National training/certification requirements.
- As required by the contract, must possess appropriate level clearance (Q and TS clearance and SCI eligible).
- All personnel are required to possess an active Department of Energy (DOE) “Q” access authorization in order to perform under this contract. An active Top Secret clearance from Other Government Agencies, such as Department of Defense (DoD) based upon a single scope background investigation is typically acceptable for clearance reciprocity if the background investigation is less than five (5) years old. It is required that specified personnel have access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical and psychological capabilities are required which allow him/her to perform activities during sustained periods of intense concentration, working with electrical hazards, under adverse weather conditions, in confined and restricted areas. The ability to climb and work at heights; lift and carry heavy loads of at least 70 pounds; ability to distinguish colors and read codes on electronic components is required.
General office environment.