Ace Hardware Corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more than 4,800 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70 countries, with 14 distribution centers throughout North America. Ace’s distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the corporation’s success. By utilizing advanced technology and an integrated team approach at our distribution centers nationwide, we’re able to consistently deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to excellence carries through to each employee at our Distribution Centers.
Ace is a place for you to have a long term career you can be truly proud of, competitive pay, unheard of financial incentive opportunities, and comprehensive benefits for you and your family. Ace Hardware Distribution Centers are where team players collaborate to support amazing retailers be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet.
An exciting opportunity exists in our Distribution Center (DC) located in Colorado Springs, CO for a Distribution Center Manager (DCM).
As the Senior Manager of the DC, the DCM is responsible for the overall direction of the distribution and logistics activities in the DC. The DCM will possess an in-depth understanding of quality management and LEAN technique principles.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the execution of the DC's strategic initiatives by coordinating support to the Retailers in the region with regard to warehousing, inventory control, customer service and transportation activities.
- Demonstrates and enforces an environment of safety, good working relationships and productivity.
- Ensures the facility is maintained in a safe and secure manner in compliance with all safety and security procedures.
- Creates financial objectives and budget and hold Management/staff accountable to achieve overall success with fiscal goals. Achieves and/or exceeds all financial and operational goals established for the DC.
- Implement warehousing solutions, including material handling equipment, processes, and quality and productivity standards.
- Implement quality and productivity standards are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure all orders are processed according to company standards and operational performance for activities such as inventory integrity, quality packaging and packing and timely receiving.
- Ensures the company’s strategic direction and initiatives are understood and communicated to subordinates in an effective manner to achieve alignment and the expected levels of execution.
- Creates opportunities of development for the Managers and Supervisors and leads by example.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years specific related experience in the field of logistics and distribution management to include leading in a P&L environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Well organized with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly customer focused
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.