Coordinates the procurement and distribution of materials, equipment, and supplies in organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Works with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as lead time, price, availability, and delivery schedule. Issues purchase orders and corresponding documentation.
- Leads in the supplier evaluation process. Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service both domestically and international. Qualifies new suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price and service levels.
- Negotiates or renegotiates price, schedule, terms & conditions, etc. and administers contracts with suppliers and subcontractors domestically and internationally. Achieves annual cost saving goal.
- Prepares and implements NDA, Terms and Conditions of Purchasing, Vendor supply and quality agreement, and Vendor Stocking agreement where applicable, to new and existing suppliers for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Manages and develops vendors through supplier performance management program, provides appropriate and timely feedback and necessary corrective measures as required.
- Collaborating/communicating with Production, Receiving, Logistics, Accounting, Quality, Engineering, Customer Service and other departments in a timely and professional manner.
- Supports Master Scheduling to provide valid forecasting to Suppliers to ensure adequate supply will be available to Production and Safety Stock requirements.
- Reviews and modifies periodically purchasing criteria (lead time, minimum order quantity, order point, forecast, historical usage etc.) to optimize stocking level and business continuity.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices. Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy. Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Determine, analysis and make recommendation for disposal of excess and obsolete materials.
- Support implementation of new ERP System, Microsoft AX.
- Participate in lean events and the support of continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
Education and/or Experience:
Four (4) year college / university program degree; and/or minimum of five (5) years related purchasing and supplier management experience. International sourcing experience is required. Experience in a manufacturing organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints in written or spoken format. Ability to effectively present information to local and parent management. Fluent in a second language such as Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and utilize spreadsheets to evaluate and present data. Ability to present financial analysis for evaluation and recommendation.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and data and deal with abstract variables.
Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office is required. Must have working experience with ERP system such as Microsoft XA or equivalent ERP software; Internet; Human Resource and Payroll systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Support core business hours; some flexibility is required to support production and supplier communication in respect to domestic and international time zones.
Target Customer Needs