All employees hired between 9/1/21 and 10/31/21 will receive a $500 signing bonus after 60 days of employment*
*Signing bonus may be withheld if employee has unexcused absences or is found to be at fault for a safety violation.
We are looking to hire 3 Finish Carpenters to work on local Huntsville projects.
Position Description: Responsible for organizing and completing finish and interiors carpentry related tasks at building construction projects.
Reports to: Carpenter Foreman, Superintendent, and Trades Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possess the skills necessary to complete rough carpentry work as well as finish and interior carpentry work including but not limited to millwork, casework, and installation of decorative panels, doors, frames, hardware and miscellaneous equipment and specialties items.
- Reviews jobsite needs with the superintendents & foreman and coordinates construction
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skidsteer, excavator, compactors, and construction hoist
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Minimum of five (5) years of carpentry experience with at least two (2) years of interior finish experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures, foundations and framing.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, basic geometry, and their applications to carpentry.
- Knowledge of basic building layout and leveling.
- Ability to accurately measure lengths with ruler or tape.
- Ability to interpret project drawings
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers.
- Valid driver’s license preferred
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Emergency Handling