If you are looking to hone your culinary skills in a creative, positive, and fun environment, College Fresh has the position for you! We know your time and talent are valuable. As a College Fresh Chefs Assistant, you will receive:
- Competitive pay
- Exceptional work/life balance
- Covered costs for food handler training and certification
- Health insurance (employer shared premium), dental insurance, vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
In your role as a Chefs Assistant, you will support the Chef in running a kitchen, designing menus and working closely with our partners. This position will set you up for true advancement within the company. We are looking for someone who exemplifies our core values of passion, integrity, support, client focused, and communicative. Are you our secret ingredient? Apply today!
Assist the Chef with food preparation, organization and daily kitchen operations at designated College Fresh account based on College Fresh's vision and goals of fresh, made from scratch food and outstanding customer service.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of working in a professional kitchen, restaurant and/or catering environment
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Under the direction of the Chef, assist with preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Receive product deliveries, assist in organization of inventory for kitchen, walk-in, store rooms and dining room as directed by the Chef.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Clean and stock all supplies/staples in dining area for the current meal, snacks, etc. per specific client guidelines.
- Store food properly and safely, marking the date and item following company policy and local health regulations.
- Perform routine assignments such as dishwashing, mopping, sweeping, garbage removal, and other daily cleaning functions as assigned.
- Represent College Fresh in interactions with client, including student members, corporate headquarters, local alumni and house director or property manager on a daily basis. Provide excellent customer service in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Adhere to all management, client, local and state cleaning, and sanitation procedures/regulations. Assist with special event meal preparation such as recruitment, homecoming, etc. as required.
- Serve meals during meal service if required.
- All other duties as assigned and/or agreed upon by Chef or Campus/Regional Manager.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, coffee machines, steamers, mixers and chefs knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 30 pounds or less.
- The employee is required to stand for extended periods of time.
- The position requires the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Customer Service
- Restaurant Operation
- Service Orientation