To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9485 Crestwyn Hills Drive
Memphis, TN 38125
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Acadia-Healthcare • Memphis, TN
Posted 3 days ago
- Perform Medical Screening Evaluations (MSE) in person at the hospital for all patients presenting to the hospital who require a MSE.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team.
- Assess physical and psychiatric health of patient and formulate measures to meet patient needs.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Chart clinical observation (direct or through dictation), evaluations and treatment of patient in required time frames according to facility guidelines.
- Communicate with physicians and other staff as necessary to provide quality care for patient within appropriate guidelines.
- Provide on-call responsibilities on scheduled basis as directed by the facility.
- Make recommendations, write orders and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- Maximize opportunities for quality care.
- Contribute to and participate in performance improvement.
- Maintain appropriate and safe physical management skill requirements.
- Documentation reflects nursing process, including individualized education and discharge planning needs of patient and family. Develop an individualized treatment plan with measurable goals that reflects understanding of treatment process.
- Encourage family involvement in patient care. Respond to identified patient and family educational needs.
- Support and follow legal requirements, hospital policy and procedures, medical staff bylaws and regulatory requirements.
- Provide services that are in accordance with the state guidelines for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays. May prescribe medication.
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
Master's degree in Nursing with emphasis in Psychiatric-Mental Health. Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program from an accredited college or university. Clinical experience working with the patient population of the facility; ability to demonstrate knowledge of concepts of limit setting, therapeutic boundaries, crisis management, therapeutic treatment, environment of care and patient care. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile, where facility requires.
Current professional license, per state regulations/requirements, including a current DEA license.
First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).