ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures quality standards are maintained in handling, packaging and finishing of all products packaged.
- Comply with safety, operating policies, procedures regarding equipment, materials and finished goods.
- Operate auxiliary equipment: Hot stamp, Milling, Router, Sonic welder, Glue gun, Band Saw and Spin welder etc.
- Perform Multi-task jobs: Shrink wrap, Wine Buckets, DSPR6 and multiple machines
- Ensures correct quantity of product per carton and proper packaging requirements are followed.
- Labels Cartons, W.I.P., or products accurately. Verifies box and UPC label accuracy with packaged product.
- Inspects product at each step of secondary and/or packaging process for quality defects. Performs necessary post molding operations and rework as required to adhere to quality standards.
- Maintains a clean and organized work station. Maintains strict housekeeping guidelines and safety practices at all times.
- Recognize and report any problems, issues, discrepancies, or questions to Process Technician and/or Supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions for assembly, packaging and operating secondary machinery.
- Fill out and maintain required data on production related forms.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Maintains a clean and organized work station. Maintains strict housekeeping guidelines.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or up to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Packaging And Labeling