You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We are seeking a Security System Engineer to join our team on-site in Washington, DC.
- Verify and report end-to-end compliance with all required security authorization directives, processes, other requirements and actions.
- Verify and report compliance with all required cybersecurity and information assurance (IA) manuals, instructions and guides.
- Assist the Authorizing Official’s identified staff in the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process; Information Assurance Vulnerability Management; Security Monitoring
- Regularly perform vulnerability scans to include IT media and peripherals, severs, endpoints, website and databases.
- Support the development of documentation required for A&A based on the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Develop and maintain all required policies and procedures in accordance with Intelligence Community (IC) and National Institute Standards and Technologies policies. Ensure the security, integrity and availability of data.
- Identifies and mitigates vulnerabilities using alternate or compensating controls if necessary. Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots IA software issues in conjunction with other IA staff to ensure timely response actions to security incidents.
- Recognizes potential security violations, takes appropriate action to report the incident as required by regulation, and mitigates any adverse impact.
- Implements applicable patches including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA) for assigned operating system(s).
- Under general supervision of a network manager, uses experience and judgment as well as existing policies and regulations to provide network environment (NE) and advanced level computing environment support to include perimeter controls, internal network monitoring, sensor implementation and analysis.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility required.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Mathematics.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience with Bachelor's Degree or six (6) years of experience with Master's Degree.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or willing to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Position requires at least five (5) years of experience in the above-cited duties.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $57,500 Salary Mid: $115,000 Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Information Assurance
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g34oe8z
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.