The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. PCL is a place where you're a crucial part of the team from your first day on the job.
Here's how a Field Engineer Student Intern for our Hawaii office contributes to our team:
* Maintaining project document controls and procedures.
* Assisting with updating drawings and specifications.
* Assisting with inventorying and warehousing of materials and equipment as well as expediting material orders.
* Preparing quantity takeoffs as directed.
* Assisting with third-party inspections and site reviews.
* Assisting in tracking time, materials, and equipment.
* Liaising with subcontractors, field crews, engineers, and consultants on field details.
* Work may be performed in a corporate office setting or in a jobsite office/field setting on an active construction site with frequent walking of project site.
* There may be exposure to inclement weather conditions, various construction equipment, excessive noise, dust, dangerous substances, and excessive heights.
* Seeking a bachelor's degree or associate's degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or related field.
* GPA of 3.0 or above.
* Desire to pursue a career in the construction industry after graduation.
* Ability to learn, understand, and/or apply basic construction principles to problem solve.
* Clear verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and subcontractors.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Engineer Student Intern
with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get started!
Target Start Date: 05/15/2023
Employee Status: Internship Full-Time
Company: Nordic PCL Construction, Inc.
Primary Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, Kihei, Hawaii, Lihue, Hawaii
Job: Field Engineer Student Intern
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated