LKQ Pick Your Part is GROWING! We are looking for a Plant Manager in Training to join our team. This person will be responsible for learning all aspects of branch operations, i.e., quality assurance, customer satisfaction, personnel, and inventory. Implements and maintains sound management policy regarding the selection, direction, and motivation of employees, and directs the total care, custody and control of physical assets of the branch. This is a training position that entails an assessment period prior to becoming an individual Plant Manager. You must be able to relocate to other Pick Your Part locations as well.
(Must Be Willing to Relocate)
Essential Job Duties:
* Instill in all employees the desire to provide customers with excellent service, courteous treatment and quality products.
* Recruits, trains, coaches and motivates qualified staff.
* Manage key performance indicators relative to productivity and inventory control.
* Establishes accurate budget projections and works within designated budget.
* Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws, statutes and regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
* Comply with all safety standards and requirements to assure a safe and hazard-free workplace.
* Assumes other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required.
* Additional computer software training or knowledge required.
* A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience related to distribution.
* Manufacturing background is required for branch locations engaged in manufacturing activities.
* Prior experience that demonstrates effective supervision and leadership skills required.
* Ability to apply basic principles of management, i.e. plan, organize, direct and control.
* Possess effective written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to establish priorities and exhibit effective time management skills.
* Must possess a valid driver's license in order to operate a Company vehicle.
* Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
* Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
* Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
Machines and Equipment:
* Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart, ladder, Company vehicle, computer, multi-user telephone system, copier, fax machine, and Microsoft Office software.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
* This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery or performing supervisory responsibilities.
* They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly.
* They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet.
* Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights.
* Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels.
* Some business-related college coursework is preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 401k with Generous Company Match
* Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
* Short-Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Discounts
- Attention To Detail
- Forklift Truck