To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Point, MS 39773
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Engineering Manager
Sirius Technical Services • West Point, MS
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an experienced Plant Engineering Manager for a direct-hire opportunity in Starkville, MS.
• Provides leadership & direction for all plant safety initiatives including but not limited to: OSHA requirements, NEC codes, NFPA/FM Global fire protection issues, equipment guarding, auditing functions, plantwide safety policy developments, monitoring/enforcement issues, establishes 5S and housekeeping standards for all manufacturing environments.
• Organizes, plans, and manages all plant engineering/maintenance (preventive, predictive, and proactive) activities in a continuous improvement environment.
• Administers multiple budgets with considerations for compliance, timeliness, accuracy, and accounting requirements.
• Identifies, defines and resolves equipment related problems and all maintenance issues
• Establishes energy targets, budgets, and conservation efforts.
• Develops all company internal/external policies and procedures to be used for engineering maintenance guidelines with a high priority on safety, quality and environment.
• Point person for new projects and data analysis.
• Provide leadership for solving all tire manufacturing problems – focus is on multi-functional problem solving team efforts.
• Responsible for all facility utilities including electrical distribution systems, steam, condensate, air compressors, vacuum generators, cooling towers, and water systems.
• Develop engineering and maintenance organizational structure capable of meeting all goals for tire production and customer quality requirements.
• Directs activities to evaluate OEM designs and performance of new products – then modify existing designs, improve production reliability, develop procedures and processes to maximize capabilities.
• Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to recruit and maintain a viable organization capable of meeting all manufacturing requirements. Includes succession plan.
• Initiates cost reduction proposals from other sources, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
• Proposes and controls department budget, forecasts operating costs of department, & directs preparation of budget requests.
• Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
• Provide plantwide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to develop truck tire manufacturing knowledge throughout the organization.
• BS in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred with a minimum 10 years of tire/rubber experience within a plant engineering environment OR a combination of technical degree, experience, and advanced degree - MBA desirable.
• Excellent leadership, mentoring, coaching, time management, and organizational development skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written
• Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others – can multi-task on diverse projects simultaneously
• Able to form strong partnerships with all stake-holders creating a sense of urgency to achieve organizational goals
• Team player – organized, detail oriented, driven to succeed
• Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 & TS 16949 & ISO 14001
If you're interested and think you would be a great fit for what we're looking for, please send your resume to Steve St. John for further consideration: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]