To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bordentown, NJ 08505
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mgr, Distribution Process (Bordentown, NJ)
Grainger • Bordentown, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Grainger has an exciting opportunity in our Distribution Center. This is a great opportunity to lead a growing team in a high volume, order fulfillment, high tech automated distribution center while making a significant impact!
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years leadership experience in a high volume, fast paced, multi-shift distribution center or equivalent military leadership experience; i.e. leading a large platoon, company or battalion. You will have the ability to utilize your extensive and proven interpersonal, employee development and team building skills. You will be experienced in LEAN, Six Sigma and have some exposure to project management. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your leadership
experience directly guiding a team in a warehouse and distribution center with a Fortune 500 Company.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the process flow of a high volume, order fulfillment, multi-shift distribution center
• Manage all functions to ensure timely accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes
• Manage processes to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement
Ensure the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of all processes performed within a given area of responsibility
• Develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization
• Effectively lead the department’s employees by creating/sharing a common vision/direction and an understanding of the organization’s strategy
• Works with the distribution center departments to enhance process flow of 3,000 to 7,000 customer orders per day and 5-15 inbound trailer receipts per day
• Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations
• Hire, train and develop a staff of 20-60 employees in non-exempt positions
• Facilitate and/or lead quality excellence teams
• Ensures 100% Accountability of department’s physical assets (equipment, RF units, inventory, conveyors, etc.) are properly controlled, protected, and utilized
- At least 3 years of previous leadership experience in a high volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center dealing
with large employee populations.
- Experience directly leading individuals focused on team member safety and development while performing in a time restricted environment.
- Self-motivated leader that is capable of balancing daily operational and individual team member concerns while also being forward thinking, developing departmental strategies for continued success.
- Undergraduate degree in business, management, logistics, material management or a related field of study preferred.
- Experienced in LEAN and Six Sigma.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proven training and employee development skills with a strong emphasis on team building.
- Proven process improvement experience and effective leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive employee, customer and cross-functional team relations; actively engaged in team member development.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results.
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations with particular emphasis on hazardous materials and power industrial equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Distribution Centers, field locations and the corporate office.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.