To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tulsa, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transport Driver***$10,000.00 Sign-on Bonus***
Amerigas • Tulsa, OK
Posted 13 days ago
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
PTI Offers our Company Drivers:
- Excellent Competitive Pay
- Quarterly Safety and Performance Bonus
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, and 401K
- Referral Bonus Program
- EZ Pass provided
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver’s primary objective is to safely pickup bulk propane from refineries, rail terminals, and other bulk storage and deliver to an AmeriGas Retail District facility. The driver will utilize a tanker truck with a sleeper cab and haul an average load-size of between 9000-1000 gallons. During the months of November through February, the driver can conduct up to five deliveries a day. PTI’s average run is around 100 miles per load; and working to the Hours of Service limitations. During Spring and Summer, the driver is expected to haul other products such as Asphalt, Emulsions, Butane, Y-Grade, and other chemical products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely drive and deliver products for AmeriGas PTI.
- Load and Unload at pickup and delivery points. Average time to load and unload is 45 minutes, but wait times at the rack can increase these times based on the industry demand.
- Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane into the tanker.
- Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter; and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
- Perform twice daily truck inspections: Pre-Trip and Post-Trip inspections.
- May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
- 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
- Driver is expected to work out in the elements during loading and unloading process.
- Driver must be willing to stay 2-3 nights out on the road for weeks at a time during the busy winter season.
- All PTI Trucks are equipped with sleeper-cabs.
- PTI provides (Company and Owner Operators) electronic logs (Rand McNally) and are required on all PTI trucks.
- Company Trucks are equipped with Lytx Drive-Cams.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.