Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission!
We are looking for a Staff Stack Research Engineer Metallurgical Applications to join our Stack Centre of Excellence (SCOE) in one of today's most exciting technologies. in one of today's most exciting technologies. This role is based in San Jose, CA
* Work within the Stack Centre of Excellence (SCOE) engineering team to develop new SOFC (solid oxide fuel cell) and SOEC (Solid Oxide Electrolyser Cell) materials and architectures. Participate in the manufacturing, testing and development of new components.
* Draw on extensive expertise in electrochemistry and high-temperature materials to identify promising materials, define functional requirements, establish, and execute characterization studies on the component and stack level, and evaluate performance and degradation against established metrics
* Develop new materials, architectures, and processes for electrodes, electrolytes, seals, coatings, and supports
* Evaluate new ferritic powders and processing methods to manufacture low/intermediate temperature metallic Interconnects for Solid Oxide Cell (SOC) applications. Establish further component-level testing, test equipment, and testing protocols appropriate to study performance, robustness, and degradation mechanisms. Prepare and test cell components and stacks
* Perform rigorous post-mortem analysis of test articles, and apply extensive knowledge of materials characterization techniques to gain insight into cell performance
* Develop and execute new test protocols to evaluate the performance, lifetime, and robustness of cell components
* Plan and conduct DOEs of fuel cells and stacks, analyze data, and communicate the results to the technical team
* Work with cross-functional teams to define component specifications. Report on findings in a cross-functional manner
* Solid background in materials characterization
* Spark Plasma sintering, Rapid prototyping, High-temperature ceramic coatings, 3D printing, Powder metallurgy, Sheet metal forming, Ferritic Stainless Steels, Interconnect materials, SOFC, SOEC, Fuel Cell, Electrolyzer
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world's energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
$116,400.00 - $167,600.00
- Apache Spark
- Data Analysis
- Energy Production
- Functional Design