To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lockhart, FL 32810
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ravago Americas • Lockhart, FL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a transportation coordinator, you will manage a region within North America and fully support the needs of the organization within assigned geographical area. The average transportation coordinator is responsible for ~$10-12MM annual freight spend, which consists of ~25,000 annual shipments across all modes of transportation in the network. On time performance and cost maintenance are the highest graded metrics for the team, and you will be expected to understand, maintain, and drive results within your region. Strong, collaborative, and confident support to the entire organization’s partners (Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Inventory, Credit) is of high importance, as is the ability to maintain healthy professional relationships with our warehouse, logistics, and other business partners in the industry.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Act as a direct contact for Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Product Coordinators, and Management for any shipping needs
- Track and trace all shipments within assigned region
- Manage all modes of freight within region to ensure highest service while being cognizant of cost goals
- Understanding of interregional metrics and how to maintain them
- Support carrier and warehouse relationships
- Ability to provide rotational afterhours coverage for 2-3 weeks of the year
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in transportation and/or warehousing preferred
- Knowledge of transportation modes and warehouse operations
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word