Corporate Client Banking Risk Management is seeking a Credit Risk Vice President/Senior Underwriter to join the Corporate Client Banking FIG-Mortgage Finance team which focuses on clients in the single-family mortgage origination and the agency multi-family mortgage origination space. The Mortgage Finance client base relies heavily on warehouse repo structured facilities as its primary source of funding.
The Senior Underwriters is the primary credit risk manager for Corporate Client Banking FIG-Mortgage Finance clients and transactions. The Senior Underwriter works in partnership with relationship bankers, treasury services, trading, and other product partners to analyze, structure, risk grade, document, and approve credit exposures resulting from loans and other commercial banking products. The Senior Underwriter will be an instrumental member of the Risk Management team that will drive deal documentation and execution and is also responsible for the on-going monitoring and risk management of an assigned portfolio of credits. The Senior Underwriter is required to develop a broad and deep understanding of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by customers in his/her assigned portfolio.
Transaction Risk Assessment
* The Credit Risk VP/Sr Underwriter will evaluate key risk factors related to specific transactions.
* Develop a well-informed and balanced view of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by a company, sector, and industry.
* Lead customer due diligence calls.
* Attend client/bank meetings to develop a better understanding of the company and assess management.
* Develop, negotiate, and document appropriate credit structures relative to the risk assessment.
* Coordinate with relationship managers and loan operations across tight closing deadlines to ensure all credit related documentation is finalized and delivered.
Drive the Credit Approval Process
* The Senior Underwriter will ensure all credit exposures are approved at the appropriate level.
* Prepare credit approval write-ups, present, and recommend credits for approval at the appropriate level.
* Analyze covenants and other key terms as part of the deal team.
* Work with external and internal counsel to draft and review legal documentation to ensure terms are appropriate and consistent with credit approval.
On-going Portfolio Management
* The Senior Underwriter is responsible for the continuous risk assessment of each customer in his/her assigned portfolio.
* Ensure risk ratings are accurate and reflect current forward-looking view of the customer including early identification of deteriorating credits.
* Identify and communicate material changes in credit performance and outlook.
* Evaluate and distribute client financial and compliance reporting (borrowing bases, financial statements, etc.).
* Work in tandem with relationship managers to address questions from loan syndicate members regarding financial and compliance reporting and credit-focused inquires.
* Review, document and approve on-going collateral additions.
* Analyze, prepare, present for approval, and document all required waivers, amendments, and extensions.
* Prepare and present semi-annual portfolio review material to senior management.
* Coordinate with Credit Support Senior Specialists to ensure accuracy of credit system data and collection of legal documentation and company reporting.
* Together with Operations partners, manage daily flow of operational funding approvals
* Conduct and maintain analysis on key risk metrics of portfolio (e.g. key ratio analysis, structural analysis, etc.)
* Maintain and regularly disseminate summaries of key industry analysis
* Outstanding organizational and project management skills to balance portfolio management and deal execution responsibilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills to collaborate with teammates, bankers, product partners, senior management, and clients
* Strong work ethic with an ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
* Strong credit, documentation, and transaction experience a plus
* Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modeling skills
* Knowledge of credit, JPMC, and similar bank policies
* BA/BS degree required
* Typically 5-7 years of Commercial / Corporate banking/lending experience including credit, structuring and marketing experience
* Completion of a major corporate bank credit/analyst training program or equivalent experience
- Commercial Banking
- Customer Intelligence
- Financial Modeling