This position will perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to Accounts Receivable Reporting, Customer Account Reconciliations, Bank Reconciliations, Preparing and Posting General Journal Entries, and Reconciling Balance Sheet Accounts. Back-up month-end duties assigned to other Senior Accountants.
- Prepare and maintain financial records: general ledger, balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows and balance sheet schedules.
- Has strong GAAP foundation: accrual accounting, revenue recognition, lease accounting
- Create and process journal entries
- Complete the month end close process
- Reconcile bank statements
- Support accounts payable; review coding
- Capitalize fixed assets according to Company policy
- Reconcile intercompany
- Maintain balance sheet schedules
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Verify accuracy and make recommendations for corrections on account balances
- Analyze trial balance and monthly financial statements
- Review payroll
- Support annual budget cycle
- Experience working in a multi-site, multiple general ledger environment
- Assist in orienting, training and reviewing work of others
- Experience with general ledger software: MedHost or equivalent
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Level of Supervision
May assist in orienting, training, assigning and reviewing work of others.
Works under minimal supervision and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals and consults with superior or higher levels of management on the more difficult and complex phases of work.
Interacts with Clinic staff and management, corporate staff and Regional VP's and Regional Directors
Interacts with various vendors and financial representatives.
- BS degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Three to Five Years of progressively increasing responsibility and accounting experience.
- Experience in monthly close, preparation of financial statements
- Prior experience with Medhost software or similar
- Must be very proficient in MS Excel.
Standard Accounting Practices