SP Industries is seeking a Senior Controls/Electrical Engineer. Assigned tasks will be within the Electrical and Controls Engineering disciplines and include training on and supporting the equipment, devices, and services provided by SP Scientific.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: Develop, test, troubleshoot, modify, and commission Allen Bradley PLC (ControlLogix) control system applications using RSLogix.
- Develop, test, troubleshoot, modify, and commission SCADA and GE Proficy HMI/SCADA (iFIX) control system applications.
- Specify and purchase control system hardware and instrumentation.
- Read, understand, develop, and modify control system design documents including diagrams, drawings (P&ID, control system schematics, wiring drawings, I/O lists, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings, etc.) and written design specifications (Functional Specifications, Users Manuals, Sequence of Operations, etc.).
- Produce GAMP documentation including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications (FS), Hardware Design Specifications (HDS), and Software Design Specifications (SDS) as required by project specifications.
- Develop, modify, and configure PC based relational databases.
- Develop and install control systems in a cost effective and timely manner in accordance with project schedules, budgets, customer requirements, and equipment specifications.
- Report on and/or present progress and status of projects and assignments in various formats to internal and external audiences.
- Perform value analysis and sustaining engineering tasks, and product improvement designs to enhance manufacturability, productivity, reliability, safety, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Provide assistance to Technical Support and Service personnel.
- Some travel to other SP facilities, vendors, or customer sites may be necessary. Some travel may be foreign.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills
- A 4-year Technical Degree; A BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- 10+ years minimum Engineering experience.
- Experienced and proficient with SCADA software and HMI software such as Wonderware, GE iFix, or FactoryTalk View.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software systems such as AutoCAD or Solidworks is required.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with capital equipment or engineered-to-order products is required.
- Experience with validation procedures and change-control practices relating to control system development and modification is a plus.
- Experience with controls validation and change-control procedures within an FDA regulated environment is a plus.
- Experience with computer-based Bills of Material and Inventory Control processes and MRP is a plus.
- Experience with a Quality Management System based on the ISO-9001:2008 standard is a plus.
- Experience with systems integration involving multiple vendors is a plus.
- Experience with refrigeration systems control is a plus.
- Experience designing, troubleshooting IP networks
- Experience setting up PCs, Servers and Thin Clients (Windows XP through 10 and Server 2003 through 2012 R2)
- Experience with ADS, DNS and RDS in server 2008 and / or server 2012
- Must have good troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly when speaking and writing.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PCs.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
URL blocked - click to apply
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers
Computer Control Systems