Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 4 equivalent years of experience. Demonstrated knowledge of the construction and HVAC industry. Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems. Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BacNet, etc.). Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience. Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
Under general direction, responsible for the design, configuration, HVAC control engineering, HVAC control software design and implantation. An understanding of fire, security, and other low voltage control sub-systems (i.e. lighting, nurse call, data networks, etc.) to meet the intent of the project requirements. Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness, and efficiency of designs. Develops complex software programs, commissioning and troubleshooting to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, Client field installation team and subcontractors.
1.Designs and configures technically complex building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
2. Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
3.Coordinates and creates of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
4.Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedules.
5.Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in the validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
7. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
8.Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total building control system.
9. Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to provide cost-effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
10.May provide work direction to Systems Design Assistants.
11. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Building Automation
- Control Engineering
- Control Theories
- Customer Satisfaction