One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST/RECEPTIONIST (PRN Weekend). To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to URL blocked - click to apply.
POSITION PURPOSE: Answers all incoming telephone calls and greets visitors.
1. Answers telephones promptly.
2. Greets visitors simultaneously.
3. Pages hospital and medical staff.
4. Facilitates response to emergency codes.
5. Contributes to maintaining a safe environment.
6. Adheres to facility philosophy and policies.
7. Is knowledgeable in location of all staff and their department.
CUSTOMERS SERVED: Patients, patient families, physicians, employees, and visitors.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Good typing & computer skills, with Word, Excel & PowerPoint computer skills. Excellent communication and customer services skills. Must have a professional appearance at all times. Must be able to work shift work and work independently. Posses good judgment and work well with varied groups of individuals. Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year office receptionist experience. Must be able to type 40 wpm and have experience with Word, Excel & PowerPoint Software.
* Position requires sedentary work, occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds and carries small objects from waist to chest.
* Incumbent is sitting at telephone terminal 90% of the time.
* Must be able to calmly and professionally handle 300+ telephone and/or personal contact daily.
* Must courteously accommodate occasional frustration/ anger on the part of customers.
* Ability to use computer terminal.
* Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
* Regularly needs to bend, stoop, and reach to organize supplies and distribute messages/packages over reception counter.
* Ability to hear telephone rings and speak clearly over the telephone.
* Must be able to write messages thoroughly, repeat numbers for accuracy, and be able to decipher which messages should be taken by switchboard and which should be routed to a more appropriate person.
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.