To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Sacramento, CA 95605
- Jennifer Novajosky
- Phone: 732-650-3014
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bioinformatics Research Specialist
Joule • West Sacramento, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Title: Bioinformatics Research Specialist
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Type: temporary for 3 months with potential to extend
Start date: ASAP
- Work with terabytes of next gen sequence data.
- Manage the sequencing queue.
- Perform genome quality analyses.
- Run an in-house genome annotation pipeline.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team of scientists to suggest genomics-based solutions.
- Occasionally development and implement algorithms to interpret data.
- Maintain reproducible documentation of analyses.
- MS or BS in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Genomics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience programming or scripting with a language such as Python, Perl, more preferred.
- At least 1 year using Linux/Unix command line tools for genomics or file management.
- Experience handling next gen sequence datasets.
- Good understanding of molecular biology, genetics, and some biochemistry of bacteria and fungi.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Proven problem solving abilities.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.