This role is temporarily remote. Training is conducted virtually from your home. This role is an onsite role and once training is completed, you will transition to work in the office in the future.
Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Positions in this function are responsible for preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions.
This is a challenging role with serious impact. It's a fast paced, intense and high volume operation where accuracy and quality are essential. You'll need to be focused, learn fast and contribute quickly as well as communicate effectively.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00 am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2725 Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI. This role is onsite but employees will be working from home temporarily.
We offer 4-6 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm EST, Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Prepare, process and maintain new member or group enrollments
- Respond to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status
- Reconcile eligibility discrepancies, analyze transactional data and submit retroactive eligibility changes
- Research errors by comparing enrollment error reports against system information along with records from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to create correspondence and work within templates in Microsoft Word
- Ability to perform Data Entry and use sort/filter options in Microsoft Excel
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00 am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Prior eligibility / enrollment experience
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Enrollment & Eligibility Representative - Eau Claire, WI
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: claims, data entry, coding, medical coding, enrollment, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, training class, advocate, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO