What you will do
We keep the Navy cool. Literally. Our team custom designs, develops, and manufactures chilled water HVAC and refrigeration equipment for Navy vessels around the world. This job consists of performing duties to spray and finish paint parts, and medium to large complex, specially engineered product units, systems and affix data plates.
Location: Grantley Plant in York, PA
Pay: $25.99 per hour plus $.70 for 2nd shift
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
- Paint in booth, on floor, or product, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Working from drawings, customer orders, process sheets, specifications, paint manufacturer instructions.
- Cleans, prepares surfaces to be painted, chip, slag, mask as required.
- Mixes paint to proper viscosity, measure, add epoxy powders, and thins down as required.
- Erect canvas shelter around units.
- Spray paint various primers, enamels, epoxies, protective compounds.
- Clean, wipe up excess paint, remove masking, visually check for runs, shadows, improper coverage, touch up, check paint thickness.
- Clean, maintain spray gun, and paint system.
- Uses hand, powered hand tools, paint gauge, spray painting, viscosity measuring, and appropriate material handling equipment.
What we look for
1. Two (2) or more years of industrial or automotive painting experience; spray, brush, finish, paint parts, etc of specially engineered product systems, equipment, and units.
2. Ability to perform moderate physical effort working continuously with light weight or frequently with average weight materials when manipulating spray gun, hand paint materials, cleaning surfaces.
3. Ability to follow safety precautions necessary to prevent injury to others
4. Ability to work in somewhat disagreeable conditions with varying degrees of exposure to paint, thinner, fumes, dirt, rust to the extent of being objectionable.
- In order to meet the increasing demands of our customers and comply with the Federal orders, we will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and submit proof in our Johnson Controls Vaccination Tracker upon hire
1. Experience working with MIL-Specs (military specifications).
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)