DNV' Digital Solutions is seeking an experienced field Digital/Software sales solutions and business development professional with substantial experience in software solutions sales and account management to join our sales team to support the demand for our pipeline solutions in the onshore oil and gas industry in the United States. The regional sales manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales targets and delivering new sales related to the solutions and offerings in the Pipeline Product Line which consists of software license, software as a service (SaaS), implementation services and training.
The Regional Sales Manager contributes to the unit’s goals for order intake, revenues, profitability, and market penetration in North America.
- Promote and sell the company’s existing software and training services by identifying and managing opportunities in targeted market and geography
- Successfully and professionally manage the entire sales process in accordance with company systems and policies
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Consistently building and delivering an accurate opportunity pipeline.
- Assisting with executing short and long-range sales and marketing plans.
- Actively engage with the Sales team and other colleagues, sharing knowledge and ideas in support of profitable growth and customer success.
- Support and promote established relationships with industry and solution partners to maximize sales and sustain a leading position in the market
- Embraces and engages the Challenger Sales Methodology
- Meet or exceed the sales target for our offerings and identify short-term as well as long-term business opportunities
- Gather intelligence and obtain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the client's business issues and challenges
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations if applicable
- Use the CRM tool (Salesforce) to manage and record all stages of the sales cycle
- Develop and grow relationships within the global sales team and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
- Participate in global sales team gatherings and sales initiatives
- Other sales and business development activities as required, in support of company strategies and goals
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred
- 5+ years of account management experience, preferably in the natural gas distribution or natural gas/liquids transmission market
- 3 years of proven track record in technical software sales consistently meeting or exceeding increasing sales goals.
- Solid technical operations familiarity with the natural gas distribution or natural gas/liquids transmission markets and a good overall understanding of the industry trends and competition
- Demonstrated account management ability including stakeholder mapping
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in cross functional selling with ability to present oneself in a professional manner
- Effective communication, particularly listening skills with both colleagues as well as customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills to create and maintain profitable relationships with existing and potential customers
- Thorough understanding and execution of negotiating and closing in a win-win long term focused environment
- Willingness to travel within the region and internationally
- Oil and Gas onshore and offshore industry and market knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to develop a sales funnel in new market segments.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- Specific experience with DNV’s Digital Solutions Software
- Ability to demonstrate the Pipeline Product Line suite of products
- Experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Demonstrated success selling Enterprise Software Solutions at the senior level
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Regional Software Sales Manager - Pipeline visit our website at www.dnv.com Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!