At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at [ Link removed ] . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Develops, Designs, enhances, and maintains SAP application programs, objects supporting Retail back office team and functions. Strong Knowledge of SAP ISU/CCS Domain and utility industry is MUST.
Good In-Depth knowledge of SAP ISU Module esp. in Market Transactions, Device Management, Billing Invoicing, Dunning, Rate setup, FICA, customer enrollment, customer interaction, account maintenance, customer inquiry, remittance processing, credit and collections and Intercompany data exchange. TX and NE Market knowledge is a plus. CRM Development knowledge is a plus.
Strong understanding of electricity utilities and retail industry as well as the meter-to-cash processes preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance application programs in SAP ABAP working within a team-oriented environment using various development toolsets, such as SAP, ISU, CRM, Microsoft Office tools, , and other development toolsets.
- Develop and maintain SAP RICEFW objects like Reports, Dialog programming, OOPS objects, Data Dictionary, ALE/IDOCs, webservices, remote calls, ISU Print Workbench.
- Develop and maintain application programs providing business functions, such as online screens, batch reports, web services, OData, ALE/Idocs processing, creation of applications interface files, and basic WEB integration knowledge.
- Determine detailed system requirements based on business requirements provided by the Operations groups.
- Configure and test ISU/CRM/IUT modifications to support new system development, enhancements, and production support modifications.
- Provide functional and or technical specifications; execute ABAP code for customized modifications that cannot be delivered through ISU/CCS/CRM configuration.
- Test ABAP program changes.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the impact assessment and testing of SAP AOPs (Add on Packs) and SAP Release upgrades.
- Develop string test scripts to test a group of related functionalities.
- Support the development and execution of Enterprise Test scripts.
- Investigate problems reported by the end-users to the Help Desk, resolve associated problems, and close the ticket.
- Provide production support for SAP – ISU/ECC/CRM application sub-processes/sub-modules supporting retail markets.
- Work with peers in IT to resolve production support issues while managing expectations with our client base.
- Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution time periods.
- Provide applications development and enhancement functions, including analysis, design, configuration, testing, and object transports using SAP’s ABAP/4 Development Workbench.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with Texas or Northeast Market Transactions is a big plus.
- Experience working in a waterfall and Agile framework – SCRUM, KANBAN
- SAP CRM experience – Call Center processes, Telephony Integration, Interaction Center
Bachelor’s degree in an accredited four-year college in computer science, software engineering or university or equivalent work experience.
A minimum of 5 to 7 years of SAP development experience required.
- Ability to prepare and or presentation design or solution is required.
- Process-oriented and analytical, quality-oriented thinking is a must. The individual will be required to identify logical, rational approaches to business solutions.
- SAP configuration experience and testing experience.
- Experience working with end users, taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements.
- Lead / Coordinate a small, well-defined portion of a project or work process.
- Configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities.
- Evaluating user change requests and obtains approval to make modifications.
- Lead project planning sessions with team members to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Conducting unit testing to ensure application meets specifications.
- Working within a system related or operations related front office environment.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Flexibility, dedication, and team-spirit are required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to provide appropriate cross functional support and interaction.
- Ability to attend meetings either remotely or in person and respond to application problems as needed.
- Office environment. Major activities performed on PC connected to Unix, and client/server applications.
- Requirements for telephone consultation & support with clients.
- Duties are performed during standard business hours, but in addition, 24-hour on-call support will require some nights and weekends.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and to achieve project milestones.
- Ability to work remotely from a safe location to help support business continuity plan and guideline during any climatic events, disasters and pandemic.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at [ Link removed ] )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Continuity Planning