Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a Smart Marine Ecosystem. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient, safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
We are looking for a Service Engineer to join our dynamic, safety-focused Marine Field Services team. As this is a Field Service position, candidates can be located anywhere in the continental US or Canada (within 2 hours of a major airport).
What will you be doing
In this position, you will perform Field Service activities (such as overhauls and repairs) on modern, 4-stroke marine diesel engines. For us to be the best match, we expect you to have technical experience in marine engineering and proven experience in installation operation, maintenance, and repair. You will also have a safety-first attitude.
As a Service Engineer, 4-Stroke Marine, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan on modern marine diesel engines.
- Perform overhauls and repairs on 4-stroke medium speed engines.
- Interact professionally with customers during the work execution.
- Perform internal and external progress status of the assigned work.
- Create the Service Work Reports.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsilä QEHS guidelines and site procedures.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to QSHE guidelines and site procedures and policies.
- Follow-up and report on the status of work orders to customers and/or internal stakeholders.
- Continuously seek solutions according to best practices.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- A safety-first mindset.
- A passion about developing 4-Stroke marine business to the next level.
- Relevant technical education or qualifications as a combination of education and experience.
- Technical experience in marine engineering with practical problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in installation operation, maintenance and repair.
- Highly-effective technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interact professionally and deliver solutions to customers during the work execution.
- Experience on medium speed 4-stroke engines.
- Experience in working with electrical systems beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluent in English with relevant additional language skills beneficial.
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
For more information about this position please contact Troy Nickerson: [ Email address blocked ] .
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
Last application date: 30/06/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ] .
- Electrical Installation Work
- Field Service Management
- Marine Engineering
- Microsoft Office