Work Monday through Friday and be home every night!
You are in the driver’s seat with a career at SRS and our family of companies. We are a leading wholesale distributor of roofing and building materials and need Drivers to grow our business. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members and we show this by having a clear path of advancement for our Drivers with on-the-job and web-based training for you to move up as a Driver or other positions within the branch. You are also rewarded for your safety.
SRS Distribution Inc. has the strongest national network of independent roofing distributors with the most talented team of people working together to deliver the industry's best products and services. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture.
SRS believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
- Have a CDL Class A and/or CDL Class B license with Air Brake Endorsement.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- One year of verifiable commercial driving experience or on your way to getting there. We have a Driver Training program.
- Performed similar duties at another company that involves; pre- and post-trip inspections, DOT reports, checking inventory on truck, load and tie down safely, conduct site inspections to unload products with the highest safety standards, complete and return paperwork, participate in trainings and team meetings, and learn all you can to be a valuable team member.
- Able to load and unload bundles of shingles that weigh from 80lbs to 100lbs each, on a continuous basis.
- Driving Record: No more than 2 moving violations or accidents, within the last 3 years, no license suspensions within the last 5 years (for driving-related reasons).
- Driving Record: You cannot have a DUI or DWI on record in the last five years and if hired, receiving a DUI or DWI is NOT acceptable while employed.
- High school degree, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Overtime hours: Weekday and Saturday overtime hours available during busy times.
- Other skills a plus: Conveyor belt, knuckle boom, forklift and Moffett experience.
- Be reliable, safe and a team player.
- Embrace the mindset of the “Make Money and Have Fun!” culture.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship for any length of time.
- Must sign Substance Abuse and Testing Policy Applicable to CDL Drivers as Mandated by FMCSA
- Must submit to pre-employment drug screen (DOT federally regulated) and must meet acceptable standards of a criminal background check.
Drive Commercial Vehicle