To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV 89511
- Nicole Pequeno
- Phone: 806-359-2434
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Telecommunications Engineer
System One • Reno, NV
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Telecommunications Engineer
System One is currently seeking an Senior Telecommunications Engineer on a 12 month contract position located in Reno, NV.
The Senior Network Engineer will design, implement, and enhance utility’s telecommunication transport network – Carrier Ethernet, IP/MPLS, SONET/TDM, DACS; Provide professional Telecom system engineering services associated with electric power and distribution system.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to utilities’ communication network design and implementation – Fiber optical network, microwave network, MAS radio network, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to communication network and SCADA/RTU implementation
- Design and integrate new RTUs install with the existing SCADA/RTU/EMS system
- Designs the end-to-end communication network including wireless, wireline, optical network for RTU communications
- Create design package for implementation, including panel layout, wiring diagram, RTU point list, and network connectivity circuit diagram
- Interface with various energy delivery departments including Distribution, Transmission, and System Control
- Support company-wide project activities related to design and installation of communication network
- Propose budget recommendations for future and on-going maintenance projects
- Recommend standards related to the utility’s communication network
- Analyze system problems and recommend solutions
- Provide support for third-level troubleshooting
- Write RFPs for equipment procurement and competitive bidding
- Propose projects to improve SCADA/RTU system reliability, and participate in planning network expansion, upgrades, and replacement as a team member
- Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to the position and Company
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Delivery engineering design package on time
Senior Telecommunications Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with combined 7 years of experience in telecommunications, IP/MPLS networking, or utility SCADA/RTU design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit design - Ethernet, MPLS, SONET, TDM, multiplexing DS3/ T1s
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction of microwave and fiber optical communication system
- Familiar with SCADA/RTU equipment suppliers and their current offerings
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Must have a valid drivers license
Location: Reno, NV
Duration: 12 months
Pay Rate: $40-47.75/hr