Lennox International Inc. (LII) is a global leader in energy-efficient climate-control solutions. Dedicated to sustainability and creating comfortable and healthier environments for our residential and commercial customers while reducing their carbon footprint, we lead the field in innovation with our air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, and refrigeration systems. Lennox International stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and traded under the symbol LII.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Innovate your career.
When you choose Lennox International, you know you are getting the best.
When you work at Lennox International, you know you are among the best.
As a leading innovator of home and commercial, heating, cooling, refrigeration, air-quality, and related services, Lennox International is committed to helping our people innovate our products and their careers.
Join nearly 10,000 employees worldwide who build our heritage of integrity and innovation. At Lennox International, we make your home, your businesses, and your work, a better place.
The Controls Systems Architecture engineer will lead and help define the control’s hardware and software architecture and platforms for the future. This important role in the engineering group serves as the interface between the development organization and the product roadmaps for Lennox’ Refrigeration, Commercial, and Residential control platforms
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expert leadership in the system architecture specification, innovation and standardization of control architecture and platform across Lennox’ business units.
- Partner with product management on the effective development and efficient use of controls in future multi-generation product lines and technology roadmaps.
- Responsible for the definition of system architecture platforms that satisfy our customer needs and meet existing guidelines and regulations within cost and schedule constraints.
- Facilitate cost-benefit analysis and work closely with engineering and marketing teams to determine the optimal system features while leveraging existing technologies.
- Work closely with engineering development teams to assure alignment of technical and product roadmaps.
- Develop and design future control architectures and collaborate closely with Engineering’s advanced technology group.
- Actively investigate and study relevant technology and customer trends to anticipate customer and technical needs for the Controls technology platform.
- Ability to join and participate in external committees, technical bodies and organizations in order to stay up to date with the latest guidelines, standards and compliant with requirements in the industry.
- Participate in the development of hardware and software system capabilities.
- Focus future plans towards allowing our controls to be easy to use, install, and configure while maintaining flexibility for future expansion.
- Collaborate with the Software, Hardware, mechanical, service and manufacturing teams to define future control platforms for the residential, commercial and refrigeration product lines.
- Develop innovative ideas to differentiate our future control products.
- Support and maintain system engineering and system architecture artifacts.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
#LI - Hybrid
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related field
- A master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Requires at least 15 years of applicable experience in the Controls or Embedded electronics industry with a focus on System Engineering and Architecture.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven track record in System design and Product development is required
- Extremely high level understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within systems architecture.
- Requires a high level of knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans.
- Expert knowledge on controls systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Lennox, we realize that our greatest assets are our employees. This is why we are committed to providing limitless opportunities for growth and development of all our employees, largely promoting from within the organization. This position is ideal for anyone looking for a diverse working environment with long term growth possibilities. Lennox offers employees a variety of flexible work options, as outlined in Lennox's FlexWork guidelines, including the potential opportunity for remote work for select positions. This role is currently designated as option for up to 2 business days/week of remote work.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans designed to support healthy lifestyles
- Mental and financial health programs
- Outstanding 401k with company match and 1-year bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance is available
- And much, much more!
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
Here at Lennox, we believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and work, support the growth and development of each team member as they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity employer.
- Computer Engineering
- Customer Demand Planning