$20,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum at Home (OAH) Dual Special Needs Plan program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of patients (beneficiaries) in their place of residence. The APC within OAH provides care to our highest-risk health plan beneficiaries and is part of an interdisciplinary team.
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends, and no holidays required. Optum is transforming care delivery with innovative and personal care. As one of the largest employers of APCs, Optum offers unparalleled career development opportunities.
- Conduct comprehensive, in-home assessments
- Manage members through an acute medical situation or an exacerbation of a chronic condition, including testing, diagnostics, interventions
- Manage members during a short term sub-acute rehabilitation episode
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation, including ICD 10 conditions
- Communicate and collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Conduct advanced illness and advanced care planning conversations
- Provide patients and caregivers with counseling and education
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted license in the state which you reside, or ability to obtain by start date
- NP: Graduate of an accredited Master of Science Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- Active Nurse Practitioner certification through a national board:
- NP: Board certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or the American Nurses Credentialing Center, with certification in one of the following:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Current, active DEA licensure/prescriptive authority or ability to obtain post-hire, per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice)
- Ability to gain a collaborative practice agreement, if applicable in your state
- Ability to complete physical requirements of the job including lifting a 30-pound bag in and out of the car, navigating stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions, and sit, stand, and kneel to perform physical assessment
- Access to reliable transportation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment
- 1+ years of clinical experience in practice (community or long-term care setting)
- Experience in meeting the medical needs of patients with complex behavioral, social and/or functional needs
- Experience working with patients in non-clinical settings
- Ability to travel 75% of time for field-based regional travel
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.