To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plaucheville, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP & General Manager, Refining
ExecuNet • Plaucheville, LA
Posted 2 months ago
Our Client, a multi-site refining and distribution company, has an immediate opening for a VP & General Manager of Refining at one of its refineries in Louisiana. The VP & General Manager of Refining will work with the refinery and corporate teams in developing programs to measure performance and install programs for safe, reliable, cost-effective maintenance and operating systems. This position will oversee the development and reporting of Key Performance Indicators for the plant that will give the team data for proactive response and improvements.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the facility
- Monitor refinery operation to make sure that environment standards, government directives and safety requirements are followed.
- Ensure communications between Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Commercial, Transportation, Engineering and other business lines functions are effectively maintained in both directions.
- Manage the relationship between this site and the site partners.
- Provide leadership and direction to all plant departments and personnel;
- Develop and implement investment and operational strategies including infrastructure, equipment, technology, capital, maintenance, and personnel resources.
- Develop expense and capital budgets, gain approval, analyze monthly variances and lost opportunities, and operate the plant within budget parameters;
- Interface with the local community regarding common issues
- Insure all personal are adequately trained
- Report key statistics and variables to upper management
- Adhere to all corporate policies and standards including but not limited to environmental and regulatory, human resources, facility, equipment, operations and maintenance
- Provide leadership to deliver the production plan, identify threats to stable operation, their short-term mitigations and long-term solutions
- Work with the maintenance and engineering managers to identify threats to equipment reliability; develop systems and work processes to improve reliability
- Serve as the main focal point for safety, health, and environment (SHE) issues and provide leadership and direction on related issues in operation to minimize costs and accidents;
- Encourage open communications by providing necessary information through meetings and mentoring
- Work with the department managers and refinery trainer(s) to close competency gaps
- Perform special tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- BS Engineering or Related Sciences
- Refining or Related Industry Experience (15 + years)
- Refining Experience (5+ years)
Our Client offers competitive compensation, a strong bonus program, an excellent benefits package and much more.