TAK Communications is looking for a Directional Drill Crew Member at our Little Canada, MN office to join the team!
It is TAK Communicationsâ goal to double or triple in size within the next five years. As a result, we are seeking employees who have the knowledge, drive, determination and experience to help lead us there. Come join our team in an exciting, fast-paced and people-oriented environment.
Why choose TAK Communications?
TAK Communications, Inc., is a premier sales and installation company representing leading telecommunications providers around the country. Here at TAK, we understand any company is only as good as its employees and our employees are the most important part of our company. Our employees are the most important part of our company. When becoming an employee at TAK Communications, Inc., you are part of a team that looks out for your best interests. Our leadership team is passionate about mentoring and setting our employees up for success! We are proud to say we have countless veteran employees that are making their career with TAK Communications, Inc.
If all of this sounds like something youâd like to be a part of, come join a company that really values people â our employees, our clients and all of the residential customers for whom we provide work. In addition to a great work environment, TAK offers the following:
- Competitive Wage
- Paid weekly each Friday
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick & Vacation Pay
- Strong Supportive Structure â Mentors and Supervisors
- A âPromote from Withinâ Culture/Mindset
- Great Management Opportunities
- Plus, much more!
You will be responsible in assisting the Directional Drill Crew in completing induct service drops to residential and business customers for Major Cable companies. You must be willing to learn all aspects of Directional Drilling as there will be opportunity for growth. Part of the duties will involve restoration of customerâs properties. Therefore, we stress quality of work as well as possessing great customer skills. You will be operating machines such as a JT9 and JT5.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Must pass industry standard background and driverâs license check and drug test.
- Identify and clearly mark existing underground cables as directed.
- Identify and mark locations of new cable to be buried underground (âbury dropsâ).
- Operate locate and bury drop equipment as required within areas of responsibility.
- Perform a variety of tasks and duties to support both field personnel and our customers.
- Replace pedestals.
- Perform quality assurance checks and complete the paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Wear safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required), safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
- Possess knowledge of TAK Communications safety program, practice and enforce safety rules and procedures.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Maintain a current and valid driverâs license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position.
- Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
- Drive/maneuver vehicle and cable trailer in and around construction sites, parking lots, etc.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to TAK Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customerâs privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance and arrive to work on time as required by your position.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Will already have or can obtain a class A CDL driverâs license.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of TAK Communications.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow TAK Communications policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
- Experience with directional bore crew required.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- May be required to climb poles (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 95 lbs.
- Required to lift a 28â fiberglass ladder
TAK Communications, Inc. strives to hire, recruit and promote associates without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. TAK is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. TAK Communications will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.