The Configuration Technician will be responsible for assisting with configuration projects for several customers. This position is responsible for the setup, configuration and testing of customer equipment required for major configuration rollouts. The Configuration Technician helps to ensure configuration projects are delivered on-time, within budget and at 100% accuracy. This position will be involved in data entry for status and reporting information and this individual works closely with the Project Management and Warehouse Teams to ensure projects goals are met. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Configuration Project Management including following detailed specifications for the setup, configuration and testing of customer equipment; setting up a variety of equipment types for configuration and testing (including PCs, peripheral equipment, servers, network equipment, etc.); completing customer configuration check-off lists to ensure 100% accuracy of configured devices and shipments; tracking and recording of inventory required for projects; preparing configured equipment for shipment; assisting with data management involving configuration status, schedules and project deliverables; assisting with the daily maintenance, clean-up and organization of the Configuration center.
Customer and Vendor Interface and Communication including developing a thorough understanding of the customer's configuration process which involves professionally interfacing directly with customers to gather configuration information as needed; documenting and troubleshooting vendor equipment exceptions; contributing to process documentation; participating in project-related meetings as needed; and assisting with job status reporting via Microsoft Office and other client tools. Qualifications and Experience Required:
For more information please contact Tom Mazzulla at Phone number blocked - click to apply or Email blocked - click to apply Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2-year technical degree in related field or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Basic PC and other IT equipment troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of various Microsoft operating systems
- Minimum 1-year related experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite tools
- Exposure to technical (LAN/WAN) environments and understanding of basic terminology and functions
- Prior experience or familiarity with ERP software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills including the ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments
- Ability to accurately track, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Enthusiastic with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage one's own time effectively (self-starter)
- Physically able to lift PCs, servers, peripherals and network equipment
- Configuration Lab experience a plus
- LAN/WAN certification(s) a plus
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- CCNA or other related certifications a plus
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects. Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.