Design Technician - 111
South Bend, IN
EN Engineering, an ENR Top 100 company, provides comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to pipeline companies, gas and electric utilities, and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Automation Integration, Electrical Design, Industrial Solutions, and Process Safety Management.
EN Engineering provides innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients' needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. Our success is achieved through the valued contributions of our talented and diverse employees with more than 1800 professionals across 35 offices.
In return for top talent, EN Engineering offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
EN ENGINEERING BY THE NUMBERS:
30+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
1800+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This is the first level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification. Design Technician applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and management skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with some degree of independence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
* Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
* Managing multiple projects in order to assure timely, successful completion for projects resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
* Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict
* Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
* Learn and incorporate company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. EN Engineering LLC reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
* 1-3 years of general construction or utility experience preferred
* High School Diploma required. Technical certificate in drafting or other technical skill preferred.
* Basic design skills, AutoCAD or Microstation knowledge preferred
* Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks
* Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blueprints, construction specifications and other items.
* Strong communication and customer skills.
* Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
* Ability to grow into responsibility for managing long term client program work
* Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Hourly, Non-Exempt Employee
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to work in hot, cold, or inclement climate conditions, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds frequently; vision to read printed materials; use of computer and related systems management equipment, and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in designated areas.
EN Engineering is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. EN Engineering does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with EN Engineering.
- Auto Cad