Sr. Cloud Engineer
Des Moines, IA
6 month Contract to Hire
Rate: 60-70/hr; 120k Salary
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Sr. Cloud Engineer opening. If interested, send a resume to Hunter Vogt, our infrastructure/ security -focused Recruiter in Des Moines, via URL blocked - click to apply.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing infrastructure related projects. Provide support for full range of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud administration, configuration, and maintenance. Provide leadership and technical knowledge in their migration to the AWS Cloud.
- Conducts full range of cloud administrative and IT operational tasks.
- Configures and manages AWS environments to meet business owner needs.
- Implements tools and automation for AWS infrastructure provisioning, monitoring, diagnostics, and scaling.
- Utilizing scripting languages such as Python for automation of tasks and operations.
- Create Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups.
- Perform architecture design, system evaluation, system analysis, and infrastructure assessment.
- Document, deploy, and validate multi environment cloud based infrastructure.
- Develop and implement integration strategies between cloud and on premise based infrastructures.
- Use Amazon CloudWatch metrics to monitor the health and utilization of AWS resources.
- Work with Redhat and Windows operating systems as well as clustered filesystems, networking, SAN and backup technologies, and management of environments with large amounts of data.
- Create and manage IAM users, groups and access policies.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. This includes developing proof of concepts for new technologies.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Responsible for leading technical implementations including detail design and implementation for the technical project. Coordinating with resources across multiple functional groups to ensure all aspects of the technical implementation are covered.
- Communicates extensively with technical teams and management on status or technical projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Bash (Scripting Language)
Platform As A Services
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 972808
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile