Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cryptologic Carry-on Program (CCOP), a full lifecycle systems provider, demonstrates SPAWAR's ability to rapidly respond to emerging threats. CCOP's family of systems are scalable to platform, reconfigurable to mission, modular (plug and play) and dynamically reprogrammable to support new threats. By using CCOP, the Navy has the ability to field innovative capabilities to respond to emerging threats within 10 days of notification. CCOP's wide range of capabilities include engineering support, software development, integration, testing, technical writing, Cybersecurity (administration, policy and engineering), production, technical support, warehousing, drafting, repair and management.
The Linux Integrator will be a member of the CCOP team focusing on integrating applications in a Linuxbased environment. Intergation will be performed on Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) and National Security Agency Network (NSANet) connected systems. The ideal candidate will have a history of direct involvement with successful Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and CentOS deployments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provisioning RHEL and CentOS servers in both physical and virtual environments
• Integrating a variety of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), government off-the-shelf (GOTS), and open source applications within existing RHEL and CentOS environments
• Troubleshooting quickly and efficiently in Linux-based environments
• Installing OS and application patches and updates
• Researching and recommending innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration and integration tasks
• Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Minimum of three (3) years' of Linux experience
• Must currently hold a DoD 8570-compliant IAT II certification (SSCP or Security+CE with appropriate CE/OS certificate) or be able to obtain within six months
• Experience with virtualization technologies, VMware vSphere and Red Hat Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM)
• Experience with kick-starting Linux servers and PXE booting VMware ISOs
• Ability to automate tasks using scripting languages (Shell, PERL, Python, etc.)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Background in Red Hat Satellite, Spacewalk, Katello, or YUM
• Experience with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Salt
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET/ SCI with POLY CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)