Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that providing superior support and solutions for our customers drives our success, and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for the overall on-site management of a customer account. We’ll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of our values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Act as the primary liaison between the business transportation/logistics leaders and the site customer; coordinate all modes of transportation required in execution of contract
- Oversee the customer account, including operational functions, customer service, transportation mode selection, coordination with logistics leaders and financial performance
- Serve as the primary customer contact on all new initiatives and/or high-level critical issues
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and coordinate with leaders to implement solutions
- Investigate and determine root cause of all service failures; implement corrective actions whenever necessary
- Develop and modify operational policies and procedures to meet customer service requirements on both new and existing processes
- Utilize metrics and system tools to increase performance and efficiencies
- Attend all required company and customer meetings to review performance, address issues, discuss new developments and suggest improvements
- Coordinate the launch of new customer requests and processes
- Assist with providing information for request for quote (RFQ) development
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of transportation and/or logistics experience
- Availability to travel as needed
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of transportation experience
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.