Check out Youth Villages Inner Harbour Campus!**Ask about our $5,000 sign-on/retention payment**Company Overview
Youth Villages is a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.Program Overview
Youth Villages’ Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities—Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee, Georgia and Oregon, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children therapy model (Re-Ed).Position Overview
- Under the supervision of the contracted Medical Professional and as per physician orders, takes vital signs, treats wounds and injuries, and evaluates the physical condition of patients.
- Oversees and maintains medical charts and documentation for assigned patients monthly to include: vital signs, weight, response and follow-up to consultation(s), response to and side effects of medication(s), etc. designated by Quality Monitoring specifications, in accordance with JCAHO specifications,
- DHS standards and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists the consulting pharmacist in completing medication reviews and medication closet inspections. Monitors, assesses and documents the health care status of patients and contacts the physician(s) and/or hospital when necessary to arrange other medical treatment.
- Develops and facilitates resident education programs, such as personal hygiene, sexuality, infection control, and other relevant topics as needed.
- Oversees the scheduling of physical and dental exams as well as other medical appointments for residents and coordinates schedules for the psychiatrist(s) and pediatrician.
- Typically a 36 hour work week spread over M-F.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a Diploma from an accredited Registered Nurse (RN) school of Nursing
Current nursing license in the state of Georgia
Experience in a mental health setting is preferred
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.Additional Benefits
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)EOE
Registered Nurse Certified
Computerized Physician Order Entry