You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Oncology Medical Science Liaison Manager
Oncology Medical Science Liaison Manager
Job ID: 2023-1825
# of Openings: 1
Category: Field Management
We are hiring a National MSL Director to manage a team of oncology medical science liaisons across the United States.
An Updated Job Description will be posted soon.
In the role you will:
- Hire, lead and develop MSL teams
- Develop MSL strategies and tactics in support of oncology products and pipeline
- Provide oversight of MSL field execution including clear communication of field observation, MSL guidance, direction, and expectations for optimal scientific and clinical engagement plans
- Collaborate internally as a key member of Global Medical Affairs (GMA) leadership to collect
- insights that would inform product strategy
- Foster compliant external engagements and internal cross functional collaboration and communication
- Allocate team resources consistent with GMA and client priorities
- Champion key MSL initiatives and communication internally
- Be an integral part of the launch readiness team, providing local, regional and national insights for optimal launch execution
- Represent Client by supporting advisory boards, congresses, professional societies, and patient
- advocacy organizations
- Advise on optimal team sizing, time allocation, and product support priorities
- Proactive reporting of MSL accomplishments and metrics
- As needed, engage with healthcare professionals / entities to educate on clinical, scientific, and
- Real World Evidence (RWE) to advance the science and scientific collaborations as aligned with
- client goals and objectives
- Educate on clinical value, Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO), and economic analysis to payers,
- providers, and other appropriate stakeholders as requested
- May have direct key account or oncology network responsibilities
- Conduct annual performance review and career development plans
- Advance MSL value proposition, demonstrate tact and professionalism, and deliver results
- Act in accordance with company policies and utilize best practices, including, for example, the
- Code of Business Conduct, ethics and Standards of General Data Protection regulations (GDPR).
- BS / BA with 15 years of relevant clinical experience
- MD, PharmD, DO, or PhD (with relevant clinical experience)
- Five years of medical affairs or relevant oncology clinical training and at least 3 years of people
- management skills
- Oncology therapeutic experience
- At least three or more years of experience as oncology MSL
- Industry experience in medical affairs / clinical development at a biotech or pharma
- Impactful verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment.
- Strong comprehension of disease states, and knowledge of differential algorithms for treatment
- decisions and experience in disease states of interest to client.
- An expert understanding of the health care delivery system, including the managed care arena and its impact on patient care, regional medical care and the pharmaceutical industry. Ability to identify the unmet medical, educational, and research needs at a local & regional level in the medical community.
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate the findings to meet educational and research
- needs to affect corporate research strategic activities/decisions.
- Understanding of the design and execution of research studies and strategic implications.
- Exhibits high degree of emotional intelligence and appreciation of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Designs and/or leads training initiatives and best practices.
- Proven ability to drive results at a high level of quality as a strategic and creative thinker.
- Demonstrates ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage projects and/or colleagues in successful implementation of business-critical projects.
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experienced with electronic CRM systems
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Fluent in the dominant language in the assigned region
- Other languages are an advantage
- Account Management
- Career Development
- Clinical Development
- Clinical Works
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3975129815
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.