Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Digital Integration Director is a health system facing role accountable for integrating our digital solutions with health systems and provider groups to enable utilizing the Optum risk suspect and quality data prospectively at the Point of Care and providing digital returns aligned with the Optum in-office assessment program. The role is accountable for integrating Optum Risk Adjustment and Quality programs and digital solutions within the health system’s technologies, including EMRs/EHRs, Value Based Care (VBC) platforms and other proprietary health system tools. The Digital Integration Director create and manages outbound data files, processes and oversees inbound digital returns via multiple modalities, manages the end-to-end process, timely addresses issues and provides robust reporting and communications. The Digital Integration Director analyzes data, performs a root cause analysis, establishes and executes on a robust plan to address issues, and provides structured communications and reporting. The role partners closely with the Health System Director to support technical needs while presenting the value story to the health system with a goal to secure agreement to integrate the optimal digital solution and leverage it prospectively. This role works directly with health system leadership, risk adjustment and quality, clinical, technical and functional resources, requiring excellent communication, sales and persuasion skills combined with the ability to create a robust digital solution strategy and approach applicable to the health systems technical landscape and point of care approach. Additionally, the Digital Integration Director collaborates closely with the internal field leadership and cross-functional teams to solve for digital solution and integration needs, which may be complex in nature, required to flawlessly integrate in alignment with established timelines. In partnership with the Health Systems Director and field leadership, this role serves as the accountable Optum leader to support digital integration and ongoing end-to-end digital solution management for the health system and ensuring goals and SLAs are consistently met or exceeded.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research the overall landscape of health systems to gain a deep understanding of their mission, vision, primary areas of focus, footprint and technology solutions to drive an optimal digital integration solution
- Provide strategy, vision, solution design and business requirements for existing and new digital offerings
- Provide technical solution consultation, leadership and support for our digital solutions to the health systems and our internal stakeholders (e.g., Health Systems Directors, Healthcare Advocates, leadership)
- Partner with the health systems to establish an end-to-end digital integration plan and manage the work efforts aligned with the plan
- Complete the end-to-end digital integration work efforts consistently following best practices and leveraging proven tools (e.g., schedule meetings in advance with solid agendas/meeting notes/action items, project plan, IRAAD)
- Monitor incoming Optum in-office assessment (IOA) program returns, package them for processing, partner with technology to address issues while ensuring SLAs are met
- Provide end-to-end oversight for digital returns, ensure processing aligned with SLAs, escalate as needed to address barriers and provide communications to all stakeholders
- Write SQL queries, pull data, conduct analysis and engage with relevant resources to address findings
- Drive clinical risk & quality workflow and processing improvements and automation leveraging sound technical and functional analysis, solution definition through implementation, communications and training
- Provide structured communications for plans supporting digital enhancements and new digital solutions and impacts to digital integrations, including but not limited to overviews, milestones, collateral, business requirements, technical design, technical specifications, workflows and processes
- Lead and facilitate meetings with health systems and others to walkthrough technical requirements, workflows and milestones for digital integration initiatives
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Chart Operations, Business Operations, Provider Performance Team (PPT) and Sales to manage product and program strategy and implementations
- Create and implement innovative digital solutions and ongoing enhancements to drive improved outcomes
- Gather health system requests for digital solutions and capabilities, establish the business case and CBA, walkthrough with internal stakeholders and seek approvals to proceed
- Use Excel to create and manage flat files, perform quality analysis on inbound return files, address issues and work with health systems to incorporate required changes as needed for ongoing digital returns
- Facilitate SFTP connection set up and validations to enable secure exchange between Optum and health systems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA / BS Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years of health care experience with solid understanding across all lines of business (e.g., Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, ACA)
- 5+ years of experience working with risk adjustment and quality programs
- 5+ years leading complex programs and technology projects
- 5+ years delivering and optimizing results, consistently meeting or exceeding goals, in a matrixed environment
- 3+ years of experience working with health systems with a solid understanding of their technology landscape and EMRs (e.g., Epic, Athena, eCW, Allscripts family, Cerner, etc.), value based care platforms, proprietary health system tools and digital integrations.
- 3+ years writing SQL queries, analyzing data, communicating findings and establishing and executing on a robust end-to-end plan
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale project and program management with proven success leveraging best practices, robust tools and methodologies to drive intended outcomes
- Advanced skills working with the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Power Point, etc.) and SharePoint
- Masters degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Information Technology or related field
- Advanced negotiation and persuasion skills
- Exceptional communication, written and verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Advanced critical thinking skills to creatively solution for health system needs with demonstrated ability to drive engagement and optimize results
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.