To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plano, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Mortgage Servicing Loan Specialist
PenFed Credit Union • Plano, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Senior Mortgage Servicing Loan Specialist
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Senior Mortgage Servicing Loan Specialist in Plano, Texas. This position is responsible for servicing of loan portfolios, processing of all lien releases as communicated through various channels with the usage of an approved vendor, creating paid-in-full documentation for 3rd party entities, and utilizing established reports to validate lien release processing. Participate in the training of new team members and provide ongoing professional support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage performance to Pentagon Federal member expectations and Pentagon Federal organization expectations and requirements related to servicing customer portfolios, loan servicing delivery and accuracy, and other servicing activities in Loan Administration.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, servicing of loan portfolios, processing of all lien releases as communicated through various channels with the usage of an approved vendor, creating paid-in-full documentation for 3rd party entities, and utilizing established reports to validate lien release processing. Support partnership with all mortgage-related departments to comply with Servicing guidelines and requirements including, but not limited to investor, Pentagon Federal, federal and state servicing guidelines and requirements including, but not limited to, established servicer performance benchmarks and PenFed’s servicing guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver performance review reporting to assistant manager on a weekly basis.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analyses and problem solving for internally and externally raised member issues. Develop remediation plans and oversee implementation of plans as well as best practices.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate internal processes. Assist with improving efficiencies to reduce costs for Pentagon Federal.
- Advise, coordinate, monitor and report new product/policy initiatives as it relates to loan servicing processes.
- Coordinate internally with business areas to manage data and member expectations. Effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels of internal stakeholders in order to build and maintain partnerships within the organization. Build and maintain external member relationships via regular engagement. Provide member training, when required.
- Assist and support stakeholders in resolving highly complex issues related to member processes. Where applicable, manage exceptions and the remediation process. Recommend corrective action as needed. Resolve outstanding issues.
- Design, develop, monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals. Participate in process improvement initiatives focused on strengthening internal controls and providing operational efficiencies. Participate in strategic initiatives and programs to optimize the outcome.
- Participate in the training of new team members and provide ongoing professional support. May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity. Escalate deficiencies or identified risk to management when established routes of remediation are insufficient, which requires a thorough understanding of Pentagon Federal’s policies and processes throughout the organization.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience preferred, strong Mortgage Servicing background highly preferred.
- Relationship management and Project management experience a plus.
- Knowledge of servicing oversight and QC a plus, analytical skills and experience preferred.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.